Preconstruction Services Manager - Columbia, SC
With direction from the Senior Vice President and/or President/CEO of LCK, participate in preconstruction initiatives for significant LCK clients. Preconstruction activities may begin in the feasibility stage of a project as LCK assists clients in development of early analysis of potential sites, preparation of conceptual budgets and creation of project schedules. Conceptual budgeting is comprehensive and may include in addition to construction, design, FF&E, financing, etc. For an approved project, the Preconstruction Services Manager will monitor project budgets, negotiate pricing with contractors, architects, and other vendors. Such activities are performed in concert with the project executive for the assignment and the project manager assigned to the project.
Work alongside other LCK team members to serve significant LCK clients to provide preconstruction services. Such services may include but not be limited to: leading cost feasibility analyses efforts, conceptual budget development and line-item estimating, project scheduling, value engineering, selection and oversight of architects, engineers, and consultants, conducting construction document reviews, conducting procurements for construction services, technology, security, and FF&E.
Drafting contracts and agreements for Senior Vice President and/or President/CEO review may be required as well as preparing letters of intent and notices to proceed where applicable.
Prepare budget and schedule updates through commencement of construction.
Negotiate pricing with selected contractors and vendors.
With direction of the project executive or project manager, prepare agendas for and lead progress meetings during the preconstruction phase, measure progress against schedules and preliminary budgets.
Engage with other LCK team members as needed and prepare the project execution team for transition from preconstruction services phase to construction phase.
Create and maintain an organized electronic filing system for all project documents in accordance with corporate filing protocols and project requirements. Establish reporting criteria and file access requirements for each client and adhere to such requirements.
Maintain confidentiality of project work in compliance with all non-disclosure agreements in place between LCK and its clients.
Utilize cost estimating software in conjunction with estimating data bases established. Maintain databases within organized electronic filing systems as established by the Company.
Manage, train, and assign tasks to preconstruction services staff members, if applicable. Participate in hiring processes for staff and conduct performance evaluations and salary administration.
Assist with special projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President and President/CEO.
Valid Driver’s License
High School Graduate (Required)
4-year Construction/Engineering College Degree (Required)
*** Minimum of ten years in the preconstruction field ***
● Working knowledge of basic accounting
● Knowledge of construction industry terms
● General knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws and codes
governing the construction industry
● Working knowledge of construction means and methods
● Ability to perform take-offs for cost estimating purposes
● Working knowledge of current construction materials and labor costs
● Knowledge of databases and resources for cost estimating
● Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Smartsheet
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Fasttrack
● Demonstrated management skills
● Ability to comprehend legal documents
● Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
● Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
● Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, clients & vendors.
● Ability to prepare and negotiate contracts and agreements
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Self-motivated and self-directed
● High level of concentration and attention to detail