In 2020, construction in the U.S. generated $6.5 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.8 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has 29 offices with 7,600 employees nationwide. An industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution, Skanska offers competitive solutions for traditional and complex assignments that build a more sustainable future for our customers and communities.
Skanska is searching for a Senior Estimator with experience in a wide variety of market sectors including Higher Ed., Office, Residential, K-12, and Life Sciences to support the rapid growth in these areas. You will work with and get support from both local and national resources in this role. This is a great opportunity for a rising or experienced professional to become a part of one of the largest construction companies in the world in a market with unlimited potential for growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or equivalent/applicable degree
- 15+ years of experience in Cost Estimating/Preconstruction.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, Estimating software, subcontractor outreach, and document control systems.
- Thorough understanding of the industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands consequences of actions and seeks counsel in making key decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities.
- Keep the project team informed on job progress.
- Strong math/analytical skills.
- Drives sustainability.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong decision-making/problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions quickly.
- Perseveres through challenges.
- Must be patient but expects and obtains results.
- Able to prioritize workload and assignments.
- Works diligently to improve business.
- Ability to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Seek training opportunities.
- Be inquisitive and always want to know more
- Desire to progress in career.
- Builds confident relationships with peers/coworkers.
- Considerate of co-workers.
- Flexible interpersonal skills to work with all levels of management.
- Must have a good attitude and be approachable.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Must have a high level of integrity and be trustworthy.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
The position derives his or her authority, and performs all duties with guidance, from the VP of Preconstruction.