Our client, are a very well established and highly reputable GC within San Antonio with a fully integrated self performing model. As Preconstruction Manager you will be responsible for multiple projects ranging from $5M up to $90M+ across Healthcare, Commercial, Education, Industrial, Office and many more. You will coordinate with the client and present on bid day. Our Client has won Best Places to Work on multiple occasions in Texas.
· Preparation of scopes of work to support the estimating process.
· Ability to comprehend front end documents e.g. specs, general conditions, schedule constraints.
· Buyout of assigned projects.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with current subcontractors and assist in new subcontractor prequalification.
· Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the latest construction materials, pricing, and trends.
· Develop and present value engineering suggestions which adhere to the project goals.
· Continuously learn all aspects of the construction field including systems, procedures, means and methods, computer programs, management techniques, code changes, etc.
· Management of the bidding process from inception thru completion – solicit, receive, analyze and level bids for: Conceptual Estimates, Hard Bids, Major Change Order Pricing.
· Construction Management or Engineering Degree.
· 3-8 years Preconstruction or Estimating experience within a General Contractor.
· BIM, VDC,OST and Timberline Estimating Software experience a plus.
· On site Construction Delivery exposure or knowledge.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.