Senior Estimator - Gainsville, FL
Niche SSP is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join one of the premier Construction Management firms around. The Senior Estimator will work alongside the estimating department to deliver accurate, on-time estimates and budgets for a variety of project types. Reporting directly to the Chief Estimator you will assist in bids for design-build, hard bid & negotiated type work. Your ability to liaise with a number of professionals such as owner representatives, architects, Subcontractors, estimators & field staff is of the highest level.
- Analyze project drawings, specifications & other proposals to prepare estimates for labour, time & cost.
- Gather, update, and review historical cost data.
- Develop & maintain relationships with subcontractors & vendors throughout the region, aiding the preconstruction department as a whole with the best relationships possible.
- As part of the senior estimating staff, mentor and supervise junior estimators across a wide variety of project type and scales.
- Maintain a relationship with the client, subcontractors & other parties through out the project timeline to ensure the original project goals and estimates are achieved to the best of the firm's ability.
- Being involved in projects from conceptual estimate to hand over ensure all techniques are used for value engineering to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Construction Management or related field of study.
- Experience Leading and winning bids as a fully-fledged Estimator for at least 5+ years.
- Experience estimating projects ranging from $5M to $50M across multiple project types such as Commercial, Education, Hospitality, Retail, Medical & more.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, OST, Plan Swift and other Estimating software.