A full-service ENR Top 150 General Contractor construction Company. This client have a large self perform department. As Preconstruction Manager you will be responsible for multiple projects at a time from $3M up to $75M+ across Commercial, Education, Office, Multifamily or Senior Living. You will liase with the client and present on bid day.
· Preparation of scopes of work to support the estimating process.
· Ability to comprehend front end documents e.g. specs, general conditions, schedule constraints.
· Work alongside a high preconstruction & operations team.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with current subcontractors and assist in new subcontractor prequalification.
· Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the latest construction materials, pricing, and trends.
· Continuously learn all aspects of the construction field including procedures, systems, computer programs, means & methods, code changes, management techniques, etc..
· Management of the bidding process from inception thru completion – solicit, receive, analyze and level bids for: Conceptual Estimates, Hard Bids, Major Change Order Pricing
· Construction Management or Engineering Degree.
· 4-9 years Preconstruction or Estimating experience within a large GC.
· Excellent communication & Presentation skills.
· On site Construction Delivery exposure or knowledge.
· Ability to lead and mentor a team.
· Local Subcontractor relationships a plus.