Preconstruction Director - Nashville, TN
Skanska is an extremely well established firm with a worldwide presence within the construction industry. In 2020, construction in the U.S. generated $6.5 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.8 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has 29 offices with 7,600 employees nationwide. An industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution, Skanska offers competitive solutions for traditional and complex assignments that build a more sustainable future for our customers and communities.
The Preconstruction Director will manage the process and resources that provide quality pre-construction services to both internal and external clients. This position reports to and receives direction from the VP of Preconstruction.
- Work-life balance including Flexible Work Arrangement Program
- 401k & ESOP (stock purchase plan) both with matching
- Excellent Insurance
- Family-leave benefit for both parents
Preconstruction Director Major Responsibilities:
- Well established & mature knowledge of local construction pricing and relationships (trade partners, designers, & clients)
- Able to develop estimates for projects of ALL sizes and complexity for architectural, structural, and civil scopes
- Expertise in quantity surveying and pricing work in both conceptual and detailed design phases
- Can confidently market, pre-sell, sell, and present the importance of preconstruction services to internal and external clients
- Enjoys training less experienced team, members
- Manages and removes risk from preconstruction budgets
- Can lead a team of Owner representatives, designers, and Skanska teammates through the value management process while actively providing cost reduction ideas
Preconstruction Director Must Have Skills:
- Appropriately balances personally doing the work and delegation based on needs of projects and available resources (quantity survey, unit pricing, authoring scopes of work, scoping subs, etc.)
- Understands lean construction and continuous improvement
- Exhibits strong leadership and management skills
- At least 10 years of estimating experience or equivalent / applicable field/operations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent / applicable degree
- Preferred estimating experience in the following markets: commercial office, high tech, higher education, and life sciences.