Preconstruction Director - Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Full - Time
One of the leading General Contractors in the US, with an annual revenue of over $5 Billion.
- This individual will assist in envisioning elements of work that have not been developed in the architect’s program and create the detail needed to ensure that a holistic budget is created.
- The Preconstruction Director will also create clear and concise clarifications along with supporting supplemental information to better convey the project intent.
- The Preconstruction Director will report to the Vice President of Preconstruction and work with owners, architects, and consultants along with preconstruction staff in developing budgets, presentations and other needed items that the client may request.
- Challenging, complex work
- Creative and innovative problem-solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward hard work
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility in career path & progression
- Opportunities to work and live all over the United States
- 7-15 years of Estimating or construction management experience.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles
- Self-motivated and possesses strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Review accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Assist with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Be able to lead responses to RFP’s
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned