Director of Preconstruction - Naples, FL
We are assisting our client in Naples FL who is expanding their Preconstruction department & are in search of an experienced Estimating & Preconstruction candidate for a Director of Preconstruction role.
The company is an award-winning, nationally ranked General Contractor with revenues exceeding $1 billion. They are recognized as one of the top 100 General Contractors by Engineering News Record (ENR) and have a strong presence in Naples, FL, and beyond.
The company has a diverse portfolio of projects, including Higher Education, K-12, Commercial, Hospitality, and other sectors.
With a commitment to excellence, innovation, and customer satisfaction, the company has established a reputation for delivering high-quality construction projects on time and within budget. They strive to maintain a collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages creativity, fosters professional growth, and promotes a positive team culture.
As a leader in the construction industry, the company invests in cutting-edge technology, sustainable building practices, and continuous improvement to stay ahead of industry trends and deliver exceptional results. They value their employees and provide opportunities for career advancement, training, and development, and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The company is known for its commitment to safety, integrity, and community involvement, making it a respected and trusted name in the construction industry.
- Lead the Preconstruction department
- Build new & maintain relationships with clients, bringing in new business & ensuring vision of department is met
- Mentor & train various levels of Preconstruction staff.
- Excellent compensation & benefits.
- Lead the preconstruction department and oversee all preconstruction activities, including estimating, budgeting, value engineering, and constructability reviews.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the preconstruction team to ensure successful project outcomes, including cost-effective and timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with business development and operations teams to review and assess project opportunities and participate in bid/proposal preparation and presentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure effective communication and coordination during the preconstruction phase.
- Review and analyze project plans, specifications, and other documentation to accurately estimate project costs, including labor, materials, equipment, and subcontractor pricing.
- Conduct thorough scope reviews and value engineering analyses to identify cost-saving opportunities and provide recommendations to optimize project costs.
- Prepare and present detailed estimates, budgets, and proposals to clients and internal stakeholders for approval.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings, design review meetings, and preconstruction meetings with project teams to provide technical expertise and guidance.
- Manage and mentor a team of estimators and preconstruction professionals, providing coaching, feedback, and professional development opportunities.
- Stay updated with industry trends, construction technology advancements, and best practices in estimating and preconstruction, and implement relevant improvements to the preconstruction processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in lead estimating roles, preferably with a general contractor, construction management, or design-build firm.
- Proven track record of successfully leading preconstruction efforts on diverse projects, such as Higher Education, K-12, Commercial, Hospitality, etc.
- Strong knowledge of construction estimating techniques, cost analysis, value engineering, and construction materials and methods.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with clients, team members, and stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze complex project plans and specifications and accurately estimate project costs.
- Proficient in construction estimating software, scheduling software, and other relevant industry tools.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate, mentor, and manage a team of estimators and preconstruction professionals.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or equivalent are preferred.